02 June 2012

Day 7: Child Labour - To Ban or Not to Ban?

Also check out this short Documentary on Child Miners in Bolivia:
Witness - Child Miners - Part 1
Witness - Child Miners - Part 2


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created the conditions within this world where children from all ages are forced to take up labour in order to survive

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created the conditions within this world which place parents in a position where they are forced to send their children off into labour in order to survive as a family

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to frown upon mothers who send their children off to work instead of sending them to school -- not seeing and realising that this choice does not in fact exist -- as it is a matter of surviving or not

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created the condition in this world which force children to place themselves in harmful working conditions just to see another day

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have defended child labour within the framework of supply and demand -- where if children demand work and are willing to supply their factors of production at low prices, and enterprises demand labour at low prices -- then why should this not be allowed?

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that banning children within the current world system is not an option -- as this will only cause children to move from the formal sector where there are still "some" regulations in place for their protection to that of the informal sector where the will be placed in more harmful conditions and lesser pay -- only increasing their hardship

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that activism in the form of not buying products made through child labour is not a solution as this only means that less children will receive revenue, demand will decrease, more children will be without employment and thus will have less money to survive -- leading to more malnutrition and premature deaths

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a system where child labour is allowed is also not an option -- as children are still being placed in bad conditions which stunts their growth both physically and mentally

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world where the extent of the presence of an abusive system does not allow children to be better off if child labour is banned

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the manifestation of child labour is a symptom, a consequence of a defective and faulty system -- where it does not help to attempt to fix the symptom/consequence as it will only be recreated over and over again -- or where the alternative is just as bad

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the real problem is our current global economic system -- and as long as this issue is not addressed -- child labour will continue to exist

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that child labour has been made a necessity within the current world system for people to be able to survive

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that as long as I do not move myself to change the current world economic system -- I am in fact supporting the existence of child labour – where 250 million children in the world are denied to be children

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to realise, that the only way we are able to end Child Labour – is to address the extensive degree of inequality accepted and allowed within this world

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that it is not a matter of banning or not banning child labour – but that it is a matter of importance that we change the current global economic system to one that is Best for All and provides for everyone equally


I commit myself to take on the actually problem which is an inherent system of World Inequality where wealth is disproportionally distributed within the interest of a few

I commit myself to make an end to child labour as this is a condition I wish upon no-one

I commit myself to expose the atrocities our current system allows and does not have a solution for such as the existence of Child Labour due to its inherent limited design and disregard for actual solution

I commit myself to create a world where parents and children can spend their time being parents and children – not slaves that work away they days just to be able to wake up and work more in conditions which are a violation to Life

I commit myself to expose that simply banning Child Labour as within the current system this does not allow for real change

I commit myself to end a world and lifestyle of consumerism where children labour their life away for the sake of cheap consumer goods in a world where money and material possessions mean everything

I commit myself to change our current values to a world that Values Life

I commit myself to the establishment of an Equal Money System which will eradicate poverty and child labour once and for all

I commit myself to the creation of a world where no-one is forced in a position of physical and mental abuse just to be able to live – one should simply live and have access to the means to live on the premise of Life without having to “fight” for it

1 comment: