09 June 2012

Day 14: Did God Fail First-Year Economics?

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to ask myself the question of how the current economic system is compatible with a belief in a God.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that if God created the world and has a divine plan - then he didn't do his homework very well because anyone having studied economics for even just a year can see that the very principles upon which the current capitalistic system is founded, will create massive suffering, pain, disease, poverty, hunger and death if implemented in economics.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise the basic common sense that a system of competition will always create winners and losers, but because everyone is so deluded into thinking and believing that they will be the winners, because mom and dad said that we're so special, and so we don't care about what it means to be a loser.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe in a God who plays an economic game where all players must compete with each other and where those who lose must pay with their life.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that if a God exists that is omnipotent, then surely he would make sure that all goods and services are distributed in such a way that everyone is supported in their livelihood and that people aren't enslaved to a system to which they owe most of their years of life in terms of owing the system their labour and only when their debt has been paid, are they allowed to 'live freely' as they are old and retire - and that if an omnipotent God does indeed exist while allowing such abuse, then surely he is an evil fucker.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that the only reason I would justify the belief in a good God that allows humanity to dig its own grave while pulling the Earth, the animals and plants with it - is that if a God exists that allows all of this, then surely it's okay to abuse - therefore the belief in God is a point of self-manipulation where we abdicate responsibility for what we're allowing - because 'hey, God says it's fine - that means I can just sit back and relax'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to put my trust and faith in an economic system that will apparently - while based on principles of self-interested individuals competing which each other to satisfy their own wants, needs and desires - miraculously bring about a world that is truly best for all.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to deceive the poor by making them believe that the God of the capitalistic system will save them - all they need to do is submit to the one God entirely and completely - obey his commands and if they are truly faithful servants, they will be allowed into the Heaven of wealth.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to sacrifice the poor on the Altar of the God of the Capitalistic System to keep God satisfied and willing to provide for my standards of living.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate in the race of the human race, trying to be the fastest, the smartest, the best, the most devious, the most vicious, in order to be the winner and end up at the top, so that God may notice me and so that I can be one of the chosen ones - blessed by God's love and almighty power.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be proud of my children as I introduce them into the religion of Money by having them walk through all the ceremonial rituals of saving money, buying toys and sweets, getting a bank account, getting a degree, getting a job and getting a loan to buy a house or a car.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise the similarity of religion and economics in that both seem to be 'so much more' and 'so much above me', where I just nod and agree while not understanding a word of what seems to be a completely different language.

I commit myself to taking responsibility for the world and what we have accepted and allowed to be done unto it in creating and participating in the capitalistic system - and stop justifying all the suffering and pain in the world through hiding behind a God or a Higher Power.

I commit myself to the designing and implementing of an Equal Money System that is founded upon principles of Equality and achieving outcomes that are Best for All - eradicating any need for competition, so that we can move passed animosity and actually get to know our neighbour.

I commit myself to the ending of slavery through ending the capitalistic system of lifelong servitude where one is immediately born in debt and has to pay off their debt through labour to in so doing 'earn their living' - instead of recognising each one's right to live from birth.

I commit myself to the empowerment of the poor through first implementing a Basic Income Grant system and from there an Equal Money System.

I commit myself to pierce through the veil of economic traditions, rituals and spectacles to see what is really going on behind the scenes and what price we're paying to uphold our ignorant bliss.

I commit myself to familiarising myself with the vocabulary of economics so that I am able to stand equal and one to economists and, in that, empower myself to see when economists, politicians, academics and corporations attempt to deceive me through speaking nonsense in an unfamiliar language.

0 comments:

Post a Comment