09 August 2012

Day 62: The Consumer Price Index - Part 2

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allow myself to pre-occupy myself with research, study and investigation concerning ‘the consumer’ and thus I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to only care about a segment of the population as ‘the consumers’ as ‘those who have money’, and will go about my business as if everyone is a consumer, publishing information as if it ‘concerns everyone’ – while in fact it only concerns a select few as those with money and purchasing power within this world

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a separate reality, as the ‘consumer reality’ and work only for and with those people who have money, and investigate the ‘cost of living’ for those who have money – while completely ignoring and disregarding those who have not

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to entertain myself with prices and the trend of prices and how I can measure all this cool stuff with these complex sounding things – where I have accepted and allowed myself to ‘get lost’ in the gigantic mess which is our economic system, where I will go and entertain myself with puzzles and intricate made up networks by economists – which in no way whatsoever contribute / aid to making Earth a place that is Best for All Life

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be so chuffed with myself and all these sophisticate sounding little things we economists made up, where all these little points together make up the “masterwork” of ‘Economics’ – where I am so chuffed with myself and what we’ve created as this giant machine that won’t stop feeding and growing that I do not want to give up this apparent ‘masterwork’ because I’ve put so much time and effort in studying it and playing with it and getting recognition for my work/efforts/cognisance that I don’t want to give it up to create a new Economic System which is Best for All Life

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use methods of working with numbers which blur the extent of inequality within the world through using ‘averages’ – which is no way whatsoever reflects the true distribution of wealth and thus wellness within reality – as averages make things appear “better” than what they really are

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to publish numbers without explaining where the numbers came from or how they were calculated – because if I did the true nature of our reality would be revealed in the numbers and people would start questioning the system – so I rather publish numbers without any explanation so that people will accept the numbers and create an idea about reality which is inaccurate, but comforting

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to abuse people’s trust in ‘economists’ as apparently because we’ve studied economics “we know what we’re doing” and “we’re doing it in everyone’s best interest and if we could do it better we’d be doing it” -- where we will come up with the most elaborate justifications which sound so complex about the unacceptable state of the world that they will perplex the minds of people to the point where they just won’t question it and accept our limitations, because our faith in the system and enthusiasm must be grounded in good reason --- while it’s all just deception

0 comments:

Post a Comment