25 September 2012

Day 105: Human Liberties

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that the right to be free is a right that is more important than any other right and must be protected at any and all cost.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to entertain myself with an idea of absolute freedom that doesn't really exist in real life, because simply within the consideration that we live in a physical time-space reality implies limitations and thus not absolute freedom, where we cannot choose our form, we cannot choose to be able to fly, we cannot choose not to die and so on.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that if society were to be reorganised in a way so as to improve the well-being of the group as a whole, that this would mean an unacceptable infringement on my personal freedom, where I would have to give up various freedoms that I would be able to pursue in an individual-based society.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to ask myself the question what there is in life that I can actually choose - where I have apparent freedom, but just blindly accept that this freedom exists as though it is a given and as though I 'enjoy' and 'experience' this freedom.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that most of a human being's life is already structured before-hand by mandatory schooling and the necessity to work for money to be able to survive.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that what we 'choose' to study is not in the realm of freedom as what someone studies is determined by intelligence, by money available by the parents or support structure and by the prospect of how much money one can make with the jobs that could be available after completion of the studies.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that our profession is not really part of the realm of freedom because what job we end up doing is dependent on whether there are any vacancies available and if you can 'compete' with other people for the same position.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that the choice of who we spend our life with is often not part of the realm of freedom as it is often determined by the need for financial security, where the secret reason for marriages is money and not 'love'.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that what we wear is not a free choice, because what we can wear is firstly determined by the size and shape of our bodies, by what clothes are available in the stories, by what we can afford, by what is seen as acceptable in our social group of friends and by explicit rules and regulations that determine what is 'appropriate' and what is not.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that we are not free in what choices we make in shops in terms of what brands we buy, because this is again determined by what we can afford, by what is seen as appropriate by our social environment and, not to forget, by advertisement that brainwashes people into believing that their brand is the best brand and that you really need to buy stuff of that particular brand.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that what we do in our 'free' time is not to do with freedom either, because what activities we can partake in is again determined and limited by the money we have available for these activities, as well as by our particular talents and capabilities.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise taht it's not because we can choose our next holiday destination that we are free, because we're here talking about where we're going to spend the one or the two weeks in a year where we are actually able to leave our house for an extended period of time, whereas for the rest of the year we're homebound due to our job - so how can choosing a holiday-destination have anything to do with freedom.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that participating in democracy as it exists today does not proof freedom, because we can only vote once every so many years after which we again have no say in decision-making.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that if those things are, however, what constitutes 'freedom' - then reorganising a society in a way that benefits the group will in no way diminish these freedoms, but only expand them, as the Equal Money proposal shows.

I commit myself to relinquish any and all delusions of freedom we apparently have - because in terms of anything relevant, our ability to choose about it is really extremely limited.

I commit myself to educate people in the simple common sense that what aids the whole, aids the individual, as each individual is a part of the whole - and thus, the best way of expanding our freedom and range of self-determination, is through reorganising society in a way that focuses on the group first and from there, implicitly, empowers the individual.

I commit myself to educate people in how an Equal Money System will not diminish any 'freedoms' we have now, but will only expand them since our choices will no longer be determined by money-concerns and thus, we will actually be able to ask ourselves what we enjoy doing without ulterior motives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment